Thursday, April 23, 2009

The weirdest dream

Last night I had to wake myself up. My dream was too real. I was trying to park our car in a spot that was clearly large enough – but I wanted to make sure to get close to the curb.

Behind me was a burnt orange 1980’s Cadilliac, that was owned by the President at work. She was standing outside the car watching to make sure I did not hit her car. And my mother was on the curb watching the whole thing (I think we were going out to eat)….and Chris (my partner) was there making sure I park just right.

The first time I park, I am too far from the curb. Chris offers to redo the park job – I get pissed and jump in the car to fix it. I pull forward. Angle the tires. Then pull backward and the tire rub the curb, making a scratching noise on the hubcab.

I pull forward and angle the tires again away from the curb… I put it in reverse, and the car takes off in reverse – no foot on the gas or anything…. I am flying backwards.
I hit and deflected off the President’s car…and then bounced backwards even more and by the time I got the car to stop (the brakes seem to be the gas pedal)….I careened off a cliff and into a river about 30 feet below.

I was not wearing a seat belt, so during the fall I turned around and grabbed the seat for cushion. The impact caused the car to curl around me like a steel coffin. But I was fine.

I just laid there, holding onto the seat, as I heard people screaming and trying to get down the cliff to me. At first I was not worried. It seemed pretty safe….then dread began to creep in. I started to make my way out of the car – but I could move… it was completely wrapped around.
Then water began to seep into the car. I tried to scream, but all I could get out was a whisper. I didn’t know how deep the river was. And I was not going to find out.

Before I could be rescued – I woke myself up.

No comments: